you to establish a Virtual Terminal connection from a HP9000 to a HP3000. This
version of VT3K is being made available to those HP3000 users that are planning
on using HP OpenView IT/Operations to manage their HP3000 systems. This version
of VT3K is supported on HP-UX servers running 10.20. VT3K is required in order
to install the IT/Operations MPE agent on the HP3000.
VT3K requires the following:
- The HP 3000 must be configured in either the domain name server or
/etc/hosts file. VT3K can cross gateways as long as routing
information is available for systems not on the local network.
- The HP 3000 and HP 9000 HP-UX must be configured for Ethernet.
- The target HP 3000 must be running the VTA Virtual Terminal Service.
- To test communication between the HP 9000 system and an HP 3000,
try pinging from HP-UX to the HP 3000.
This will extract the two files that are in the archive. You are done.
Click here to download the VT3K tar file.
- Copy the tar file to the HP-UX server that will be your IT/Operations
- Logon to your HP-UX server as user root.
- On your HP-UX server, cd into the directory where the file
was saved. Execute the following command:
#tar -xvf vt3k.tar