HP's LDAP C-SDK/iX for MPE/iX 6.0 is a set of C language
API implemented on the MPE/iX platform for the development
of LDAP client applications. LDAP, Lightweight Directory
Access Protocol, is a client-server protocol to access
X.500-based directories. An LDAP client application uses
the API to connect to an LDAP server to request or submit
information to be updated. An LDAP server manages the data
that makes up the LDAP directory and performs directory
operations requested by the client. The LDAP server may
also refer the client to another LDAP server if it doesn't
have the information requested by the client. LDAP C-
SDK/iX is ported from Netscape Directory SDK for C version
3.0, which is based on the LDAPv3 standard defined by the
Internet Engineering Task Force. This software is
interoperable with any LDAPv2- and LDAPv3-compliant server
independent of vendors' platforms.
- Enables Internet directory accesses from HP3000
- Enables directory connectivity independent of vendors' platforms
- Offers generic API for application portability
- Command-line tools for scripts to access directories
- Supports LDAPv2 and LDAPv3 protocols
- Supports synchronous and asynchronous directory requests
- Supports directory referrals
- Flexible search filters - can search by any combination of attribute value
- HP3000 running MPE/iX version 6.0 or greater
- Access to an LDAP server - The server must support the LDAPv2 or
A Directory Server for HP-UX 11.0 can be downloaded from HP's software depot.
Download LDAP C-SDK/iX
Click here to download LDAP C-SDK/iX in a compressed tar file.
LDAP C-SDK/iX components
- ldapsdk/lib/ with API libraries libldap.a and liblber.a.
- ldapsdk/include/ with header files ldap.h and lber.h.
- ldapsdk/tools/ with three command tools ldapsearch, ldapmodify and ldapdelete.
- ldapsdk/examples/ with sample client applications that call the APIs.
- ldapsdk/docs/ with html-formatted documentation Netscape Directory
SDK 3.0 for C Programmer's Guide.
Additional LDAP SDK information